Our current collective agreement is effective July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2019.
If you have any questions about your collective agreement rights, please talk to your shop steward.
Information about WorkSafe BC can be found here.
Information on the Workers’ Advisors Office:
- The Workers’ Advisers Office (WAO) provides free advice and assistance to workers and their dependants on disagreements they may have with WorkSafeBC decisions.
- WAO operates independently of WorkSafeBC
- NEW—Workers’ Advisers Brochure
Prince George Regional Office is at:
Prince George, BC V2L 3P5
Toll Free: 1-800-263-6066
Thanks for taking on the important job of shop steward for your worksite. Whether you are a new steward or have been doing this work for many years, your role is to watch and listen to what is happening in your workplace. You will do this on behalf of all CUPE members. The union needs you to represent our members and to protect the rights we have won in the collective agreement. Each clause in the collective agreement comes from negotiations with the employer, and every single clause is important.
In our local, the Grievance Committee formally files grievances, and the shop steward assists members in listening to their concern and determining if there is cause for a grievance. You are the first contact with members when there is a problem or interpretation of the collective agreement is needed. Your role is valuable to your union and all its members—so thank you for taking on this job.
An excellent booklet put together by The Canadian Labour Congress and CUPE is The Steward Handbook, to download or contact a Local 2145 executive member for a hard copy. It will get you started and guide you through your role and responsibilities as a shop steward.
Your worksite CUPE bulletin board will have Shop Steward contact information.
For a detailed description of each job, please click the name below.
- Accounts Payable
- ASSET I
- ASSET II
- Bus Driver
- Clercial – Secretary II – Student Information System
- Clerical – Secretary 3 – Nov_2018 – Signed
- Computer Support Technician 2007
- Crossing Guard
- Custodial Transportation – Foreman
- Custodian – First Aid Attendant Level II – NHS
- Custodian – Signed – Nov_2018
- Data Custodian
- Drug Alcohol Prevention Worker
- Education Assistant
- Human_Service Worker
- Library Clerk
- Library Clerk II – 2017 – SIGNED
- Maintenance – Electrician – SIGNED – Nov 2018
- Network Analyst – April 2009
- Secretary I – NOV 2016 – SIGNED
- Secretary II – Career Prep – NOV 2016 – SIGNED
- Secretary II – Maintenance – SIGNED JUNE 2017
- Secretary II – Secondary – March 2018
- Secretary II – Elementary – NOV 2016 – SIGNED
- Secretary II – Part Time – NOV 2016 – SIGNED
- Software Support Analyst – 2007
- Special Education Assistant
- Strong Start Coordinator – SIGNED June 2017
- Student Labourer – Bus – SIGNED June 2017
- Student Labourer – March 2018
- Student Labourer Grounds – SIGNED JUNE 2017
- Student Labourer Technology – SIGNED JUNE 2017
- Theatre Technician
- Trades Non Cert
Pacific Blue Cross
Our benefits provider is Pacific Blue Cross. You will need your Group Number and ID to log into this site.
Our School District contact for benefits is Ed Dewijn. He can be reached at 250-877-6826 or by e-mail at Ed Dewijn
Blue Cross Advantage brochure.
The Public Education Benefits Trust Fund (PEBT) is a health and welfare trust providing the following benefits: Long Term Disability (LTD) coverage, other Long Term Disability benefits, the Joint Early Intervention Service (JEIS) and the Employees Assistance Program (EAP) to help with short term personal problems. To view all the contact information click here.
Please check the School District Website for any job postings that are available. You can use the link below to get there: